In order to obtain a passport for a minor under age 16, please follow the instructions below regarding personal appearance and document requirements.
- Each minor have to appear in person AND both parents must appear together and sign the application form in the presence of a Consular officer, OR :
- One parent appears, signs the application form in the presence of a Consular officer, and submits second parent’s notarized Statement of Consent (DS-3053) :
- Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16, authorizing passport issuance for the child, as well as a notarized copy of the non-appearing parent’s passport.
- For children with passports issued before the age of 5 years, parents must also submit ‘transition photos,’ showing the child at ages between the date of prior passport issuance and the current date.
For information concerning notarial services for this document please click here. No fee will be charged if the statement of consent is notarized at a United States Embassy or Consulate.
Please submit ALL of the following:
- Form DS-11 (Click here to download Form DS-11)
- Father’s current passport
- Mother’s current passport
- One (1) recent, color photograph taken full face, with a white background, measuring 5 cm by 5 cm (2 in x 2 in).
- An original of the child’s birth certificate.
- For passport fees please refer to the menu on the left side of this page.
When traveling, please remember to carry a photocopy of your child’s passport in a separate place. In the event of loss or theft, the copy will facilitate issuance of an emergency passport.
Appointments are made through email only. Please follow the links below to link to schedule an appointment:
We, of course, accept emergency cases without an appointment. In an emergency, please contact the U.S. Embassy via the main switchboard at +216 71-107-000. In an after-hours emergency, please call +216 71-107-000, press 0 and ask for the duty officer.