The consular section can replace your lost, stolen or mutilated passport upon verification of your identity and your citizenship. It will be replaced with a full-validity passport (processing time approximately 2 weeks). An emergency, limited validity passport may be issued for immediate travel (please bring proof of travel: airline ticket or electronic ticket if your departure is imminent). In order to obtain a replacement passport, ALL applicants, including children, MUST appear in person at the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy with the following documents:
- Form DS-11 (Click here to download form DS-11) and form DS-64;
- A police report substantiating loss or theft;
- All available identification such as: birth certificate, driver’s license, photocopy of the missing passport, or expired U.S. passport;
- If you have no current identification with you, you should bring along an American friend or relative with his or her passport to vouch for you;
- One recent color photographs taken full face, with a white background, measuring 5 cm by 5 cm (2 in x 2 in). Photo booth photographs are not acceptable.
Please email TunisACS@state.gov to schedule a passport appointment.