Lost or Stolen Passport

The consular section can replace your lost, stolen or mutilated passport upon verification of your identity and your citizenship. It will be replaced with a full-validity passport (processing time approximately 2 weeks). An emergency, limited validity passport may be issued for immediate travel (please bring proof of travel: airline ticket or electronic ticket if your departure is imminent). In order to obtain a replacement passport, ALL applicants, including children, MUST appear in person at the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy with the following documents:

  • Form DS-11 (Click here to download form DS-11) and form DS-64;
  • A police report substantiating loss or theft;
  • All available identification such as: birth certificate, driver’s license, photocopy of the missing passport, or expired U.S. passport;
  • If you have no current identification with you, you should bring along an American friend or relative with his or her passport to vouch for you;
  • One recent color photographs taken full face, with a white background, measuring 5 cm by 5 cm (2 in x 2 in). Photo booth photographs are not acceptable.

Please click here for special requirements for children under 16.


Appointments are made through our convenient online system. Please follow the links below to link to schedule an appointment:

We, of course, accept emergency cases without an appointment.  In an emergency, please contact the U.S. Embassy via the main switchboard at +216 71-107-000.  In an after-hours emergency, please call +216 71-107-000, press 0 and ask for the duty officer.