If you wish your new name to appear on the photo identification page of the passport:
- You will need to complete a new passport application.
- The passport renewal fee will be charged for this service if your passport is more than 1 year old.
- A new passport with your updated name may be free of charge if your passport is less than 1 year old.
- See more information on name changes for U.S. passports here.
- Submit documentary evidence such a court order, marriage or divorce certificate, or other satisfactory evidence to support a change of name. Only originals or certified copies of these documents will be accepted along with your current passport at the time of application.
- If you wish to change your name on your Social Security card and are a U.S. citizen born and residing in Tunisia, apply at the U.S. Embassy and we will forward your application to the Social Security Administration’s regional office in Paris. Or;
- Please go to the Social Security Administration (SSA) website for instructions and application forms. We will not be able to give you a status report on your application.
For more information on correcting or updating the name on your passport, or any other data entry errors on your passport’s photo identification page, please see this link.