SUMMER 2024 STUDY OF THE U.S. INSTITUTES FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATORS
Download Application forms , it should be sent to TunisELprograms@state.gov no later than November 13, 2023
U.S. Embassy Tunis is accepting applications from secondary educators (including teachers, administrators, teacher trainers, curriculum developers, textbook writers, and Ministry of Education officials) to participate in the 2024 summer SUSI program. Institutes will last five weeks each and take place between late May and early June 2024.
Prospective secondary school educator applicants are encouraged to visit https://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/study-us-institutes to obtain general information about the secondary education institutes.
Candidate description and qualifications:
Ideal candidates should be
- Mid-career, typically between the ages of 30-50,
- Highly motivated and experienced secondary school teachers and administrators whose students are approximately 14-18 years of age
- Highly proficient in English
- Individuals who are seeking to introduce or enhance aspects of U.S. studies into their curricula, to develop new courses in the subject of the Institute, to enhance and update existing courses on the United States, or to offer specialized seminars/workshops for education professionals in U.S. studies or related fields.
- Candidates who have no or limited prior experience in the United States, and who have a special interest and experience in the field of secondary or higher education as demonstrated through past scholarship, accomplishments, and professional duties.
All communications and questions regarding the SUSI (Institutes for Secondary Educators) should be addressed to: TunisELprograms@state.gov