Student Leaders Program’s Application is open:
The Student Leaders Program (SLP) is a rigorous leadership and civic engagement program for competitively selected undergraduate and graduate students between the ages of 20 and 24 from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. We seek a gender-balanced pool of candidates and give preference to traditionally under-served participants.
Students are placed in U.S. universities where they complete academic coursework, develop leadership and project management skills, and expand their understanding of the civil society and participatory governance processes in the United States and the MENA region. The cornerstone of the program is the development of Community Engagement Plans (CEP), where each student identifies a problem that they would like to improve in their communities. During the program, students will meet their American peers, engage in community service activities, and meet civil society organizations.
The SLP is a yearlong three-part program: pre-summer, summer, and post-summer with the most intensive part taking place during the summer. The summer program is an intensive 4-week program and is tentatively scheduled to take place from June 28 until July 26, 2023. The summer program will either be a virtual, hybrid, or in-person program depending on the state of the global pandemic. Upon completion of the summer program, students will implement their CEP and receive follow-on support, training, and professional networking opportunities, including joining the 2,000 strong MEPI Alumni network. A competitive follow-on Accelerator Workshop may be held in the region.
Who is eligible?
- Must be a Tunisian citizen, residing in Tunisia
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in and attending university in his/her home country, have recently graduated or will start graduate studies in the fall of 2023,
- Must demonstrate a commitment to leadership and civic engagement in his/her community,
- Must be between the ages of 20 and 24 with birth dates falling between July 26, 1998, and June 28, 2003; and
- Should have high English-language proficiency skills to participate in U.S. university-level classes.
Apply before December 19, 2022, on the following link: https://studentleaders-apply.smapply.io/