The IRC is offering a songwriting workshop series for up to 30 qualified participants to try their hand at writing lyrics and music in a variety of forms. During these sessions, participants will consider social and cultural themes and listen to a range of music from folk to rock to show tunes.
The deadline for registration is Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at noon.
The series will take place on Wednesdays from November 1 to November 22 at 15:00 and will consist of:
- Four one-hour workshop sessions
- Reading and learning English song lyrics
- Sharing musical and lyrical ideas with the group
- Listening to music outside the sessions (optional)
- Performance of original work
Eligibility requirements include:
- Advanced English language skills
- Availability for all four workshops and for the full session time
- Interest in music and willingness to share
- Basic knowledge of music theory and composition
Applications must be submitted online at https://goo.gl/2rW9So no later than Wednesday, October 25, 2017, at noon.