Given the launch of the Department of State’s new Travel Advisory System today as well as the recent events throughout Tunisia, the U.S. Embassy in Tunis reminds American citizens residing in and visiting Tunisia to exercise caution, avoid demonstrations and crowds, and monitor local media for breaking events.
You may find the Travel Advisory for Tunisia at https://travel.state.gov/
For further information,
- See the State Department’s travel website at http://travel.state.gov;
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency;
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Tunisia located at North East Zone Berges du Lac, North of Tunis 2045 La Goulette, at +216 71 107 000, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +216 71 107 000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada, or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.