Enter U.S. Embassy Tunis’ “Story of Tunisia” Photo Contest and show the world Tunisia’s beauty through your lens!
Tunisia’s multiple UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Carthage, El Jem, Douga and the Medinas of Tunis and Sousse, illustrate to the world Tunisia’s rich history. Every stone, artifact, olive tree, handicraft, textile, and cultural tradition carries a story! This is your chance to capture the essence of Tunisia’s cultural heritage in a photo that tells a story.
The U.S. Embassy invites professional and amateur Tunisian photographers to participate in the “Story of Tunisia” photo contest to showcase the beauty and diversity of Tunisia’s tangible and intangible cultural heritage. Photographic submissions will be accepted via email until April 1, 23:59 Tunis time. The top winner and runner ups will be featured on the U.S. Embassy’s social media platforms. The top winner will receive a new iPad Pro as the prize.
Who Can Enter:
The contest is open to all Tunisian citizens currently residing in Tunisia:
- Resident in Tunisia
- Over the age of 18
- Passionate about photography and Tunisia
How to Enter:
To participate, submit one photo and fill out the application available here: https://forms.gle/4miB7sd3UGRCRZgV8 . By applying, you give the U.S. Embassy permission to post your photo on the U.S. Embassy social media platforms for use in U.S. Embassy publications.
Email Subject: “Story of Tunisia” Photo Contest Submission:
Submissions will not be accepted other than through the Google form link provided above. Each person may enter one photo only. Photos must represent one of the following official categories for the photo contest:
- The Tunisian Experience: Photos related to Tunisian cultural traditions, holidays and national commemorations.
- Historical sites: Photos of Tunisia’s historic monuments and sites, including those protected by UNESCO taken from a unique angle or perspective.
- Nature: Photos of environment, geographic features and landscapes that are unique to Tunisia that convey a sense of place.
- Travel: Photos of recognizable tourist attractions and tourist activities in Tunisia.
Photographs must be submitted in .jpeg, .jpg or .png format, edited for web in sRGB color space, at least 2,000 pixels wide and no larger than 10 MB.
Finalists may be asked to submit an original, unedited digital file. We reserve the right to disqualify incomplete entries and/or contestants who are unable to submit, upon request, a high-resolution photograph of at least 300 dpi at 3,000 pixels on the longest side.
We do not accept digitally enhanced or altered photos. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents are acceptable for all categories. If we determine that a photographer has altered his or her photo, we reserve the right to disqualify his/her participation.
For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must be prepared to provide a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian to the embassy upon request. Similarly, entrants whose photos depict other people’s work (such as sculptures, statues, paintings, and other copyrightable works) must be prepared to provide a release from the rights holder. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
The top winner of the photo contest will receive a iPad tablet.
The winner is required to confirm acceptance in an email reply within five business days. If the acceptance is not confirmed by the required date, we reserve the right to select an alternate winner.
The winner will be notified by email on by April 30, 2021.
The winner must sign a release, as well as a declaration of eligibility, before receiving the prize.
The winner must be over 18 years old to receive the prize.
Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
The Embassy will post participants’ photos on our social media platforms and the public will be asked to vote for the winner, without revealing the name of the photographer at that stage. The public will be asked to vote based on relevance, creativity, originality and quality.
Conditions of Entry:
- Submissions must be original content created by the contestant and must not contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright or otherwise subject to third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights.
- Submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls or incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion.
- Submissions must conform to local law and must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to any groups, individuals or institutions.
- Contestant specifically agrees to give us the permission to use all content submitted for purposes of judging the contest.
- Finalists and winner will be required to grant us, with proper attribution through whatever means they deem appropriate, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and/or display the submission in any media formats and through any media channels in perpetuity in connection with the activities and operations of the contest.
- We reserve the right to disqualify, at our sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria and to the intent and substance of these Official Contest Rules.
- In the event of any question or difference of views regarding compliance with, interpretation, or application of these content requirements or other provisions of these Official Contest Rules, we reserve the exclusive right to resolve such questions or differences of views at our sole discretion.
- If a prize or any portion thereof is unavailable, we, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value and/or specifi
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest at our discretion for any reason.
- Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the U.S. Embassy Tunis indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the contest.
- The U.S. Embassy Tunis and the U.S. Government will take reasonable measures to protect privacy data, personally identifiable information, and other sensitive data of contestants.
- We assume no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download, or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. We assume no responsibility or liability for technical problems, or technical malfunctions arising in connection with the operation of the contest, including: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems.
- By participating in the contest, the contestant releases the U.S. Embassy Tunis from any and all claims related to any personal injury, property damage, or losses of any kind.