Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Tunis is providing an update on regional curfews and COVID-19 in Tunisia.
Tunisia COVID-19 Information:
- To curb the spread of COVID-19, as of October 8, the Government of Tunisia has enacted a 15-day curfew in Greater Tunis (which includes the governorates of Ariana, Ben Arous, Manouba, and Tunis). The curfew will remain in effect from 21:00 to 05:00 Monday through Friday, and from 19:00 to 05:00 on Saturdays and Sundays.
- There are also current curfews being enforced in Sousse, Monastir, Kef, and Sidi Bouzid.
- U.S. citizens in Tunisia should respect the curfews and adhere to local government regulations. All movements will be restricted during the curfew hours except for emergency purposes.
- U.S. citizens in Tunisia should monitor local media for information on additional cities and governorates enacting curfews as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves.
- The Tunisian Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed 24,542 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the outbreak in March.
- There is currently a country-wide shortage of COVID-19 tests. While some private clinics have testing capacities, they require payment in cash before administering the test.
- The Tunisian Observatory for New and Emerging Diseases (ONMNE) provides regular COVID-19 updates on their official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ONMNE/.
U.S. citizens in Tunisia should:
- Immediately contact the Tunisian Ministry of Health urgent medical services SAMU (190) if exhibiting symptoms and/or have been exposed to an individual who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Contact the Ministry of Health toll free number with non-emergency COVID-19 questions at 80-10-19-19.
- Enroll in STEP at STEP.state.gov to receive the latest updates from the Embassy.
- Follow the advice of the CDC and local health authorities: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Monitor the Department of State’s COVID-19 website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html
Country Information and Travel Advisory page:
- Tunisian Ministry of Health Facebook Page
- ONMNE Facebook page
- World Health Organization
- Tunisian COVID-19 Facebook page
Department of State contact information:
U.S. Embassy Tunis, Tunisia
- Address: Les Berges du Lac, 1053 Tunis
- Day Time Phone number: +216-71-107-000 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.)
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens: +216-71-107-000
- Email address: email@example.com
- Embassy website: https://tn.usembassy.gov
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.
State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Day Time Phone number: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
(Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST, except U.S. federal holidays)