U.S. Embassy Tunis, Tunisia
May 4, 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Tunis is working to schedule one additional small, chartered repatriation flight to the United States for U.S. citizens in Tunisia on the morning of Thursday, May 7, 2020 to Washington, D.C. Seats on this flight are extremely limited and the Embassy will prioritize high-risk, medically vulnerable travelers and families with small children.
If you would like to confirm a seat on this flight, please complete, sign, and send in the attached DS-5528 promissory note to TunisACS@state.gov. The form must be completed for each traveling adult; minor children should be list on only one adult’s form. You will be notified via email if you have a confirmed seat.
The deadline for replying to reserve a seat is Tuesday, May 5 at 09:00 a.m. Requests after this deadline may not be honored.
Please note the following:
- Unfortunately, no pets (including emotional support animals) will be permitted on this repatriation flight.
- The flight will land in Washington, D.C. (Dulles International Airport – IAD), and passengers will be responsible for securing their own tickets to a secondary location in the United States. We anticipate the arrival to be early morning Friday, May 8.
- All passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. government for the flight and must sign a promissory note (the attached DS-5528) for approximately the cost of the flight prior to boarding. You are not required to pay ahead of time and will be contact at a later date with instructions on how to repay. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted.
- The estimated amount of each ticket is $1,500 per adult and $1,200 per child.
- Each passenger will be allowedone checked bag (apprx 20 kilos) and one carry-on piece of luggage.
- Limited food and beverage service will be provided; we recommend you bring additional snacks.
- Passengers should wear face coverings/masks during the flight to minimize exposure; the Embassy is unable to provide masks and you must bring your own.
For individuals outside the Tunis area, we will provide a letter for use when traveling to Tunis-Carthage airport for repatriation flights, which you may present it to local police if stopped en route.
If you have already provided the information below, you do not need to resend it to the U.S. Embassy.
If you have not already provided the following information to TunisACS@state.gov, please provide via email:
- Your full name and names of dependents traveling with you (and their nationalities)
- If non-U.S. citizens, indicate relationship to you
- If Lawful Permanent Residents, provide the A number and passport number and issuance and expiration dates
- Dates of births for all in the traveling party
- Gender for all in the traveling party
- Passport numbers of all traveling (U.S. passports only)
- Contact information including phone number and email