The U.S. Embassy in Tunis, Tunisia is providing an update on the Government of Tunisia’s COVID-19 vaccination campaign. U.S. citizens can also refer to the Embassy COVID-19 website for more information.
The Tunisian Ministry of Health has begun their COVID-19 vaccination campaign!
The Government of Tunisia plans to vaccinate the public using a phased approach, which prioritizes individuals based on their age, employment category, and medical history. The Ministry of Health has already begun to vaccinate medical professionals working with COVID-19 patients, persons aged 75 and older, and persons living in retirement homes. The full phased strategy is outlined below.
U.S. citizens in Tunisia can register to receive a COVID-19 vaccination through the Tunisian Ministry of Health at www.evax.tn. The website is only accessible through a Tunisian IP address, and is available in French or Arabic. Registrants must answer all of the questions and wait to receive a confirmation with a registration number. Please remember to record or take a screenshot of your registration number.
U.S. citizens who are dual nationals with an issued Tunisian identification card (CNN) can also register to receive a COVID-19 vaccination by dialing *2021# and responding to the various questions via telephone. If successful, you will receive a text message with your registration number.
Government of Tunisia Phased Vaccination Strategy:
- Health professionals working with COVID-19 patients
- Persons aged 75 and older
- Elderly persons living in group facilities/retirement homes
- Persons aged 60 and older
- Personnel at dialysis clinics
- All other healthcare personnel
- Adults with preexisting medical conditions
- Essential services personnel (military, police, education, transport, etc.)
- Adults who live or work directly with at-risk individuals
- Other working professionals
- All adults 18 and older
Please note that the U.S. Government does not plan to provide or give COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas.
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccines being used in the United States, please review the CDC’s website here: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html.