Confirmation emails for seats on special chartered flights for U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents departing Tunis Carthage International Airportarranged by the Department of State and U.S. Embassy Tunis were sent today, March 26, 2020. Unless you have received an email from Embassy Tunis confirming your seat on a flight, you are not guaranteed a seat. Please do not come to the airport in Tunis. Only those with email confirmations will be permitted to board the aircraft.
Seats are no longer available on Friday morning’s flight; limited seats are available for Saturday’s flight. If you are interested in departing on Saturday, please see below for a repeat of this morning’s message about reserving a space on this flight.
The Department of State and U.S. Embassy Tunis have arranged special chartered flights for U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents departing Tunis Carthage International Airport.
Exact departure time and routing are subject to change. The first flight is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Friday, March 27 and the second for 16:00 on Saturday, March 28. These flights will be from Tunis to Washington, D.C. (Dulles International Airport), at an estimated cost of $1500 per passenger regardless of passenger age (the final cost will be announced as soon as it is confirmed).
All passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight, and a promissory note for approximately $1500 which must be signed before boarding. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted at the U.S. Embassy or the airport. Please fill out the attached form (DS-5528) and email the completed version to TunisACS@state.gov.
You will be responsible for any arrangements or costs (lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) beyond the initial destination in the United States of Washington, D.C.
If you want to depart on one of these flights, please email TunisACS@state.gov. The flights will be filled in the order that the emails are received. Please do not call the Embassy to confirm receipt of your email; we will contact you if you are confirmed for a seat on one of these flights. [In the event these flights are full and there is still demand, we will make every effort to arrange additional flights for Sunday.]
If you have not already provided the following information to TunisACS@state.gov, in your email, please provide:
- Your full name and names of dependents traveling with you (and their nationalities)
- If non-U.S. citizens, indicate relationship to you
- If Lawful Permanent Residents, provide the A number and passport number and issuance and expiration date
- Dates of births for all in the traveling party
- Gender for all in the traveling party
- Passport numbers of all traveling (U.S. passports only)
- Contact information including phone number and email
- Earliest time you can arrive in Tunis onSaturday, March 28
- Please also add the following statement, which will allow us to communicate information about you and your situation for purposes of coordinating your:
“ I ……(type your name)….., authorize the US Department of State to release all above information about me for purposes of departing Tunisia.”
If you have already provided the information above, you do not need to resend.