Message for U.S. Citizens — Preparing for Repatriation Flights to the United States
U.S. Embassy Tunis, Tunisia
March 25, 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Tunis is working to schedule chartered repatriation flights to the United States for U.S. citizens in Tunisia.
The first flights could depart Tunis as early as Friday, March 27. We do not anticipate being able to offer flights after this weekend, and individuals interested in departing Tunisia should take this opportunity or be prepared to shelter in place in Tunisia until commercial flights have resumed.
If you are interested in departing Tunisia as soon as possible, you and your traveling companions should be prepared to go to the airport with little advance notice.
Please note the following:
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets on these repatriation flights.
- All repatriation flights departing Tunis will land in Washington, DC, and passengers will be responsible for securing their own tickets to a secondary location in the United States.
- All passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. government for the flight and must sign a promissory note (the attached DS-5528) (PDF 100 KB) for approximately the cost of the flight prior to boarding.
- No cash or credit card payments will be accepted.
- The estimated amount will be announced once the flight schedule is confirmed.
If you have already provided the information below, you do not need to resend it to the U.S. Embassy. You will be contacted regarding flight availability.
If you have not already provided the following information to TunisACS@state.gov, please provide via email:
- Your full name and names of dependents traveling with you (and their nationalities)
- If non-U.S. citizens, indicate relationship to you
- If Lawful Permanent Residents, provide the A number and passport number and issuance and expiration dates
- Dates of births for all in the traveling party
- Gender for all in the traveling party
- Passport numbers of all traveling (U.S. passports only)
- Contact information including phone number and email
If you are able to do so, please complete, sign, and send in the attached DS-5528(PDF 100 KB) promissory note to TunisACS@state.gov. The form must be completed for each traveling adult; minor children should be list on only one adult’s form.
The U.S. Embassy in Tunis provides daily updates on COVID-19 (Corona Virus) in Tunisia on the Alerts and Messages page of our website (https://tn.usembassy.gov/).