The Public Affairs Office (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Tunisia offers limited funding opportunities for small programs, projects and activities that advance the Section’s established mission and goals:
To support Tunisia’s democratic consolidation, economic development and efforts to improve its security capacity through public engagement, exchange programs and on-the-ground activities which also improve understanding of the U.S., its policies, society, government, culture, history and intentions in Tunisia among Tunisians – especially those who are currently unconnected to the U.S. and the Embassy – and which improve American understanding of Tunisians through person-to-person engagement, so that we will be better partners to each other.
Please note that our funds and capacity are extremely limited, and unfortunately we will not be able to support all of the great ideas proposed to us.
The PAS Small Grants Committee meets once a month to review proposals received during that month for support at the level of $25,000 or less. To submit a proposal for funding support at the level of $25,000 or less, send your complete proposal by e-mail to PASTunisSmallGrants@state.gov.
Proposals for funding above the $25,000 level will be reviewed by the Public Affairs Office and, if funds are available, considered by the Embassy’s grants advisory committee mechanism within 30 days of our receipt of the grant proposal. To submit a proposal for funding support of more than $25,000, send your complete proposal by e-mail to PASTunisLargeGrants@state.gov.
Complete proposals MUST be received by the Embassy’s Public Affairs Section at least 2 months before the implementation of the program and MUST include all of the following:
A. Written description of the program/project/activity which addresses the following:
- Intended outcomes/results of the activity and how it relates to PAS’s mission and goals
- Intended audience for the activity/program
- Measurable deliverables or outputs of the activity/program
- Method of performance measurement
- Description of the program/project activities
- Methods of implementation
- Information about the proposing individual or organization and any partners in the program/project
- Intended time frame and location for the activities
B. Detailed proposed budget for the program/project/activity noting for which portion of the budget you are requesting our support.
All proposals/requests for funding will be considered according to the following criteria:
- Level to which the proposed activity advances the mission of the Public Affairs Section of U.S. Embassy Tunis (see italicized text above);
- Availability of funds in the PAS budget at the time of the proposal;
- The extent to which Tunisians are the primary audience for the proposed activity and outcomes;
- Compliance with U.S. laws, policies or regulations governing the use of Department of State Public Affairs funding.
PAS will inform you about whether or not we are able to fund your proposal within 5 working days of our deliberations and at least 35 working days from our receipt of your proposal.
Please write to the appropriate email address above if you have any questions or want to provide additional information for the PAS small grants committee or for the Embassy large grants advisory committee mechanism to consider.
Thank you again for your interest in partnering with the U.S. Embassy in Tunis!