Membership card is only required if you intend to borrow items.
- To obtain a membership card you need a recent ID-size photograph and a valid ID. You will be requested to pay one Tunisian Dinar to have your card laminated.
- Membership is for twelve months from date of issue. It is personal and not transferable.
- Your membership entitles you to borrow up to two items at a time for a period of two weeks.
Items are to be returned on or before the due date. They can be renewed for another week in person at the Information Resource Center (IRC) or on the phone. Items are not renewed if they are requested by another member or overdue. Overdue items should be returned to the Information Resource Center.
The IRC staff strongly encourages members to return items on time and not wait until they are overdue to renew them.
Failure to do so may lead to fines and/or suspension of borrowing privileges. Fines are charged as follows:
- 100 Millimes, per overdue item, per day for the first week,
- 200 Millimes, per overdue item per day, for the second week.
- The IRC will suspend privileges when items are two weeks overdue.
- A late renewal will not cancel the fines for an overdue item.
- In the event an item is damaged or lost, arrangements must be made with the IRC staff to pay the replacement cost of the item or IRC privileges are suspended.
For item renewal/reservations: 71 107488/324
Library Opening Hours:
Winter: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Summer: Monday to Friday: 900 am – 3:00 pm
Ramadan: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
The U.S. Embassy Tunis
Les Berges du Lac, 1053
Our online catalog: