The American Center at the U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce a virtual exchange program opportunity for qualified candidates. The deadline for registration is Thursday, March 8, 2018 at noon.
In Spring 2018, the American Center will offer Soliya’s Connect Program Compact for up to 20 eligible and qualified university students to participate in online video dialogue sessions with other students from around the world, including Americans. During these sessions, you will explore key identity‐related themes and how identity impacts the way you engage with others. You will connect those themes to both your personal contexts and the context of communication in the digital world, and you will practice constructive communication.
The Connect Program Compact is an online cross-cultural education program that provides young adults with a unique opportunity to explore these four themes:
- Dialogue & Identity
- Identity & Communication
- Communication in the Digital World
- Constructive Communication
The program will occur during the month of April and will include:
- Close to 20 hours of commitment for full participation in the program
- At least one introductory and/or debriefing meeting at the U.S. Embassy
- Online orientation
- Four video dialogue sessions at the U.S. Embassy
- Weekly challenges to prepare for the discussion
- Writing a reflection paper
- Weekly journal entries
- A post-program evaluation
Eligibility requirements include:
- University student
- Availability for approximately 6 sessions/meetings at the U.S. Embassy, as well as additional exercises and writing assignments outside of the meetings/sessions
- Enthusiasm and commitment to engage in the full program
- English communication skills
Applications must be submitted online at https://goo.gl/forms/03ibmyPAdtyw3s092 by March 8, 2018 at noon.
Learn more about the program and your participation here.