What Can the U.S. Embassy Do For You?
We can assist Tunisian companies to:
- Represent or distribute a U.S. product
- Finance U.S. exports
- Find a U.S. supplier or trading partner
- Attend an International Buyer Show
See additional information at: http://export.gov/tunisia/index.asp
Invest in the United States?
President Obama announced the SelectUSA initiative to showcase the United States as the world’s premier business location and to provide easy access to federal-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
Attracting Investment, Increasing Employment
On the SelectUSA website, state economic development agencies and businesses — foreign and domestic — will find the needed information for a better understanding of the complete value proposition offered to firms located in the United States.
SelectUSA offers resources, identifies relevant federal programs, demystifies federal rules and regulations, and links businesses with partners or resources at the state or local levels.
Is Your Business Using the U.S. Generalized System of Preferences (GSP Program)?
Congress has passed and the President has enacted legislation reauthorizing the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) through December 31, 2017. The bill also makes GSP benefits retroactive to July 31, 2013, which will allow U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to refund duties paid on eligible GSP products during the lapse.
- Please see the websites of CBP http://www.cbp.gov/ and USTR http://www.ustr.gov/ for GSP updates.
- GSP Program Information and list of eligible products
Doing Business in the U.S.A.
If you are a Tunisian company wishing to trade with the United States, below are some useful resources.
FDA useful links (PDF 249 KB)
- FDA Registration Guide, Arabic (PDF 371 KB)
- FDA registration presentation (PDF 3.08 MB)
- Department of State Business Visa Center
- Department of State Office of Commercial and Business Affairs
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service
- Posts should also visit the U.S. Department of Commerce Market Information Library and create a link to the post’s most current Country Commercial Guide
- If in country where defense sales are common: U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security and Department of State Office of Political-Military Affairs Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
Commercial News USA
French version : http://www.thinkglobal.us/translations/display/fr/2012
Arabic version: http://www.thinkglobal.us/translations/display/ar/2012