ARE YOU A SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER SEEKING
A PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY? APPLY FOR THE FULBRIGHT TEACHING EXCELLENCE AND ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) provides opportunities for Tunisian teachers to visit schools and universities and gain educational and professional experience in the United States.
Application Deadline: March 4, 2024
Tunis, February 12, 2024
U.S. Embassy Tunis is now accepting applications for the U.S. State Department-sponsored Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program. The Fulbright TEA Program provides a unique opportunity for secondary teachers in Tunisian specializing in English, math, or science, or special education teachers in those subjects to participate in a six-week, non-degree, non-credit professional development program based at a U.S. university. It includes educator training, field experience in U.S. schools, opportunities to exchange teaching best practices , and civic and cultural activities. Selected participants will engage in academic seminars on teaching methodologies, content-based instruction, lesson planning and technology trainings. The application deadline is Monday, March 4, 2024.
The program is open to full-time, secondary-level teachers who meet the criteria of the program, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Must be teachers of English, math, science, and/or special education teachers in those subjects, at institutions serving primarily a local population;
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Have completed at least three years of full-time teaching experience by the start of the program;
- Reside and work in Tunisia at the time of application and program participation;
- Earn a minimum score of 450 on the paper-based TOEFL or 45 on the internet-based TOEFL;
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program;
- Submit a complete application.
For more information about how to apply, visit: https://www.fulbrightteacherexchanges.org/programs/tea/ To apply, complete the application at https://fulbright.irex.org/ by Monday, March 4, 2024.
Background on the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) program: The TEA program, funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, annually provides approximately 180 international secondary school teachers with opportunities for professional development to enhance their expertise in the field of education to help improve education in their home countries and communities, strengthening participants’ capacity to serve as educational leaders who will share their experience and skills with their colleagues and students upon returning home. The program also promotes mutual understanding between educators, participating schools, and communities in the United States.