The U.S. Embassy in Tunisia is pleased to announce the availability of Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) scholarships for academic year 2019-2020.
The FLTA program is a nine-month, non-degree experience for early career teachers. FLTA participants teach Arabic at colleges and universities in the United States while simultaneously taking courses in American culture. Teachers of English language, American Studies, and American/English literature – as well as professionals in related fields – are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants must:
- Be teachers (with no more than seven years work experience) or in training to become teachers
- Have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by June 1, 2019
- Demonstrate fluency in English
- Demonstrate proficiency in speaking, writing, and teaching Modern Standard Arabic
- Have little to no prior experience in the U.S.
- Be eager to serve as cultural ambassadors for Tunisia and enthusiastic about discovering American culture and engaging in their American host communities
- Reside in Tunisia throughout the nomination and selection process
- Return to Tunisia immediately following the FLTA program
To apply, submit the online application (https://iie.embark.com/apply/flta) no later than September 1, 2018. Be sure to upload all required documents. Incomplete and late applications will NOT be reviewed. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Candidates whose applications include plagiarism – even just a few words – will be immediately disqualified.
For more information on the FLTA program, please contact the U.S. Embassy-Tunis Exchanges Unit (71-107-044 or Tunisexchangeshelp@state.gov) or visit the following website: http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/fulbright-flta.