The U.S. Embassy Tunis is pleased to announce the opening of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program competition for 2022-2023. The Fulbright Program enables Tunisian students to pursue graduate-level study in the United States of America. Participants also have the unique opportunity to experience life in the United States and share Tunisia’s unique culture and traditions with Americans. Participants are chosen through an open, merit-based competition in which leadership potential, academic excellence and the ability to adjust to life in the U.S. are all considered. Once accepted into the Fulbright Program, every Fulbrighter becomes part of a global network of engaged, dedicated Fulbright alumni.
Fulbright Grants Provide Funding for:
- Tuition and required fees for graduate study in the U.S.;
- Book, equipment, and travel allowances;
- Monthly stipend for room & board;
- Supplemental health and accident coverage plan;
- Opportunities to participate in Fulbright Enrichment Programs.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Be a Tunisian citizen and be able to attend in-person interviews in late July/early August 2020;
- Reside in country throughout the application, selection, and placement process;
- Have the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree (four years of post-secondary study); Applicants with a license degree must additionally have a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Be proficient in English and/or able to attend a Long Term English (LTE) program prior to the start of study program;
- Possess relevant academic credentials in their fields. See above;
- If interested in an MBA, applicants must have a minimum of 2 years work experience;
- Interest in learning about American history and society, as well as sharing knowledge of Tunisian culture;
- S. citizens or legal permanent residents (green card holder) are not eligible for the program.
- Phd students interested in applying for one-year doctoral research must be enrolled in PhD program in Tunisia and have started working on their dissertations;
- Online applications are available at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022/
- Applications will be accepted in most fields of study, including humanities, social sciences, science, technology, and engineering. However, master’s programs related to clinical studies, such as medicine and nursing, are not permitted. Medical professionals may apply for academic degrees.
- Applications and materials must be submitted through the online system.
Applicants will be required to submit:
- A Certified true copy of each original post-secondary transcript and diploma starting from Baccalaureate;
- TOEFL or IELTS scores no more than two years old if available;
- An up-to-date CV detailing all prior education and work experience;
- Three letters of reference in English;
- A personal statement in English up to 600 words in length;
- A research proposal in English relating to field of study (if applicable).
- Write clearly, using professional and understandable language;
- Demonstrate why you have chosen your field of study and how you are qualified;
- Proofread all materials for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes;
- Refrain from using sarcasm, jokes or inappropriate humor;
Cite any outside sources used in your essays, as plagiarism will result in disqualification.
Application Deadline is May 20, 2021